Friday, February 27, 2009

Best Sugar Cookie Recipe

Okay...so the other day I posted a picture of this AWESOME sugar cookie. If you've been thinking about it ever since you saw it, then YEA (insert horn blowing sound here) here is the recipe. These cookies are my absolute favorite when nursing (you know how I am, "no chocolate until I'm done nursing!") Have fun cooking, and if you think they're SO GOOD then bring me some to show your appreciation. :) ok... I'm kidding to those who think I'm weird, but to those who think I'm being serious... BRING UM' ON!

Best Sugar Cookie Recipe

6 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Butter (2 Sticks)

*Cream Sugar and butter together. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla, and beat 2 minutes.
*Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir until blended.
*Roll 1/4 inch thick, punch out desired shapes, put on buttered cookie sheet.
*Bake 6 minutes at 400 degrees. For larger cookies bake 8 minutes.

Butter Cream Frosting

1/2 Cup Shortening
1/2 Cup Softened Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
4 Cups Powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk

*Cream together butter,shortening,and vanilla.
*Blend in (1 Cup at a time) sugar-beating well with each addition.
*Beat in milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
*Cover until ready to decorate.

2 comments: